- Providing safe and convenient means of transport for students.
- Reducing the burden of parents in delivering their sons and daughters to school.
- Inculcating the concepts of discipline and time management amongst students.
- Contributing to the reduction of traffic congestion.
- Contributing to the reduction of environmental pollution resulting from car exhaust.
- Enhancing the role of transportation through the development of school transport.
Guidelines for Students
- Start by saying the Home Leaving Dua.
- Make sure you carry the bus boarding card.
- Leave the home at a convenient time.
- Walk on the pavement away from the road.
- Stay calm while waiting for the bus in the designated bus pick up point.
- Do not talk to strangers.
- When boarding, always wait until the bus has come to a complete stop and hold the handrail as you get on the bus.
- Show the boarding card to the driver.
- Go to the nearest available seat and sit down.
- Place bags under your seat and fasten the seat belt.
- Stay quiet and don't disturb.
- Remain seated until the bus comes to a complete stop.
- Collect your belongings and get ready to alight the bus.
- When you leave the bus, hold the handrail for your safety.
- If everyone is getting off the bus, do not push or shove as students should alight the bus one after another.
- Walk away from the bus towards the pavement.
- Help the students to stay quiet inside the bus.
- Do not allow students to tamper with bus equipment.
- Inform the school transport supervisor of anything that violates the regulations and instructions to be applied in the bus.
- Make sure that every student carries a boarding card.
- Cooperate with the Bus Monitor and abide by her directions.
- You must have a written permission approved by the School Transport Supervisor in case of boarding or alighting the bus at any point other than the specified pick-up/delivery point.
- Do not talk to strangers when you leave or return home.
- Eating and drinking are not allowed on school bus.
- Maintain the cleanliness of bus equipment.
- The student must present the boarding card to the driver when boarding the bus.
- Do not give the boarding card to another student.
- Cooperate with the driver - your safety depends on that.
- Carefully cross the road under the driver's directions when boarding or alighting the bus.
- Follow the driver's instructions when boarding or alighting the bus.
- Do not push or shove as you board or alight the bus to main your own and colleagues’ safety.
- Stay quiet while the bus is moving as the driver needs to concentrate to safely drive the bus.
- When you cross the road, look left, look right, look left again and make sure it is all clear, and then cross the road safely.
- Always keep your head, hands and arms inside the bus.
- Keep seated at all times when the bus is moving.
- Use emergency exits only in case of emergency, or when required.